Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars Quotes




20 quotes from TFIOS that pinched my heart:


1. “Maybe okay will be our always.” 


2. "You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.”


3. “When the scientists of the future show up at my house with
     robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the
     scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world
     without him.”


4. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world … but you 
    do have some say in who hurts you.”


5. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying
     myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with 
     you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that
     oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there
     will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust,
     and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have 
     and I am in love with you.” 


6. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used
    to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I 
    resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than
    I'm likely to get,and God, I want more numbers for Augustus 
    Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how
    thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the
    world."


7. "That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.”


8. “My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” 


9. “Without pain, how could we know joy?' This is an old argument 
     in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack 
     of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries."


10. “You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not 
      lessen my affection for you. All efforts to save me from you 
      will fail.” 


11. “The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, 
      because there was no longer anyone to remember with. It felt 
      like losing your co-rememberer meant losing the memory itself, 
      as if the things we'd done were less real and important than 
      they had been hours before.” 



12. "Everybody should have true love, and it should last at least as 
      long as your life does.” 


13. “There is no shortage of fault to be found amid our stars”



14. “Come over here so I can examine your face with my hands
      and see deeper into your soul than a sighted person ever 
      could.” 



15. "It seemed like forever ago, like we've had this brief but still
      infinite forever"




16. “You say you're not special because the world doesn't know 
      about you, but that's an insult to me. I know about you.” 



17. “Pain is like fabric: The stronger it is, the more it’s worth.”



18. “I will not tell you our love story, because-like all real love 
      stories-it will die with us,as it should.” 



19. “I love you present tense.” 



20. “So I wasn't lying, exactly. I was just choosing among truths.” 






Now Playing: All of the stars - Ed Sheeran
                   : #TFIOS




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

People Coming