Sunday, June 29, 2014

Why Did I End Up In BulSU?





"Ang panget ng uniform ko, lilipat ako sa (Universtiy's/College's name). Maganda kasi uniform nila dun."
How many times did I hear this shallow and irresponsible reasoning? Reasons why students usually leave their school and enroll themselves in other school, aside from the the other valuable and valid reasons like : 

- Prof sucks!
 (Unfair, with favoritism, indolent and just plain sh*t)

- You're in a remote area and the school is in a far faraway land.

- The tuition fee is highly expensive!

- Bad record or you've been kicked out.

The rest, I don't know. These are the common reasons.

When I was in 4th year high school, I had a friend, and he was studying in University of Sto. Tomas (UST). He was taking up BS in Tourism Management and was a 1st year college student that time. He didn't like their affiliated uniform so he transferred to Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU) coz the design of the uniform there is way better for guys. 

He : Ayoko na sa USTe, lilipat na ko.

Me : Saan naman? And why? Maganda naman dun ha, swerte mo nga andun ka!

He: Ayoko ng unifrom, ang panget! Walang kwenta. Parang salesman sa SM Department Store!

Me: Wow ha! Yaman! Dahil lang sa uniform?! Gago ka ba?

He: Basta, sa Lyceum ako lilipat, maganda uniform dun. Lakas maka professional.

Me: Ikaw bahala, ano sabi ng parents mo?

He: Sige lang daw. May magagawa ba sila?

Me: Wala na kong masabi sa inyong mga mayayaman. Para kayong tumatae ng pera! Honestly!

So it's really annoying and that was an immature decision to be made by a student like him. When you're schooling, the quality of teaching is the basis and that matters, not its solace, though facilities, resources and technologies that are available in school should be considered for enhancing the betterment of each student, but man! Uniform won't kill your dream. 

Well, if you'd ask the title of this post to me, I'd probably apply my contained reasons written above. I don't have the capability to study in an expensive university 'cause we're not as rich as what you think (mukha lang, nadadala nang porma haha), that's why my parents and I chose Bulacan State University, for it is cheaper, and a government school. But I really have this MAIN REASON.

When I graduated in High school, I had this plan of being enrolled in Manila, Far Eastern University to be specific, 'cause I wanted a new environment. I wanted to see new faces. I wanted to have liberation around me and I wont coincide with that, I just want to be more matured and open. But my mom did not allow me, coz during that time, we've had a harsh bitterness in the family, my parents' business flopped down, and worst, my father just died. Since we're no longer capable of supporting my education that time and being enrolled to any famous universities became a roughed plan. I thought of applying for a scholarship, but that one isn't my thing. I'm too lazy going back and forth for the requirements. I have the brain (not to be haughty), I'm just too indolent. My sister was in La Consolacion College of Manila and I envied her for being in a great college and she's in Manila. She had an opportunity to choose whether to study nursing in University of Sto. Thomas, Far Eastern University, Centro Escolar University and University of the East. Life is unfair! I told mom that I would not go to college unless if I'd go with the original plan of being enrolled in FEU, so I stopped schooling. Man! Mothers are stoned, once in a while, oftentimes. So I started to feel the plague in my life, coz of the unwanted fact of studying here in Bulacan, for damn times, I had to stop? I'm over thinking of this situation, it went mundane. Seriously? I know that it was all my decisions and actions that took place. I worked in different call center companies to divert stuff, and I got used of the life in Manila, not a student, but an employee. It sucks, unending sucks. After my semi long journey of being a callboy (term used for a call center agent), I went back to Bulacan to live my life as a vagrant bud inside our compound, 'cause I'm tired of my callboy status.

I have a high school friend, she's an HRM student in BulSU. She excitedly broke the news that she's been seeing my first love around their school campus. I didn't know what to feel that time. I've been looking for a chance and opportunity to see my childhood/puppy love ever since, and I did not expect that she's just around? I thought I lost her forever, without clues where her footprints are. That day, I'm just kilometers away on seeing her again. After 9 years during 2012, I know that our paths would cross again.

"I hate the damn fact! Ayoko sa BSU, kaya nga di ako nag-aral dun kasi gusto ko sa Manila, pero fuck! Dun pala siya nag-aaral, bakit ngayon ko lang nalaman? Ngayong alam ko nang dun siya, lulunukin ko na ba yung pride ko? Pero kung sa BulSU din pala bagsak ko, de sana nun pa lang, right after graduation, nag-aral na ko, de sana 4th year college na ko. Kainis! Bakit nangyayari sa'kin 'to? Sige na nga! Dun ako papasok  for her, ONLY FOR HER! Para masundan ko lang siya."
(doing the intraspersonal communication)


MAIN REASON:

I studied in BulSU just to set my feet on the same ground where hers are. I did not expect that the environment there is somehow better. The University is amazing, and there's really a quality of education, people are nice too. 
As you can see, I don't know if you'll see my reason of studying here as one of the naive reasons as what I have detoxified, because I was only convinced to loosen up my pride by a clueless girl when my parents couldn't. If you really found love, you must continue following and catching it. The destiny is in every individual's hands and actions. Even if it takes forever, that's my opinion. 
Being in Bulacan State University is enough, 'cause this is the only place where I've reconciled with my happiness again, metaphorically speaking. I don't care if it is not as famous as your school. I don't care if it is not as private and highly facilitated as those of what you've had or experienced, well, my contentment wouldn't be justified if I had pursued my obstinate mindset to be in FEU back then, and I just realized that things happened for a reason. I am contented now, that's all I could say. Thank You Mica! Now that you've finally left the university, I feel a little uninspired. But I'd finish my degree here since you were the only person that pushed me to feel all the systems here, even though if it's out of your consciousness. It's your ability to inspire people without doing anything. 

"Namimiss ko magpapansin sa'yo. Namimiss kong habulin ka ng palihim. I miss you a lot" :)






Now Playing: Brave - Sara Bareilles
: reasons are reasons
: Migs Lorenzana





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

People Coming